Monday, July 16, 2012

Talkin' With Grandma

Inching ever closer to 100 years of age, my Grandma is one amazing lady. Born in 1918 at the tail end of WW1, she has seen more change and more innovation than many of us will see in a lifetime. She has lived through some of the most dark and trying times in our country's history. She has been left behind as a husband, brothers, sons, and nephews went overseas to fight in WW2 and Vietnam. She has lived a long and loved filled life that has resulted in kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, and more great-grandkids on the way. She is by all means the last living link my family has to its long ago past.

A couple of years ago I made this video for a teaching credential class. Though my Grandma might not talk as much as she used to, or remember as much as she would like, she still has wonderful stories to tell and memories to share. 


I dedicate this video to all of you who have grandparents with lives that are winding down. I encourage all of you to talk with your grandparents, to listen to their stories, and to engage them about times in their past you weren't apart of. 

Grandma you are the toughest and most beautiful person I know and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment